Monday, September 7, 2015

Cupcake Toppers

Yesterday I made cupcake toppers for an event at work.  A co-worker is getting married and we are having a potluck lunch for her.  I went out to buy some tylos and meringue powder to make the gum paste.  I didn't want to travel to Michaels so I thought I'd pick it up at Bulk Barn.  I almost dropped at the price of it.  They did have the ready made gum paste but to add the color to it is a pain, which is why I wanted to make my own.  The clerk suggested a just add water package, it was only $4.99 so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I have to say I was very happy with it.  I just added the 4 tbsp of water and mixed it in my mixer,  I added the color right to the mixer.  I put it in a bag and left it in the fridge overnight.  It rolled out really well and cut great with my cricut.  Here is a picture of the mix and the toppers.



No comments:

Post a Comment