Sunday, January 2, 2011

my pinkstamper challenge

Robyn announced a new challenge.  The challenge was to use your favorite cartridge, pink, brown, green and one optional colour of your choice.
I started out making this porject with my expression, then decided I would make this card on my new imagine instead of the expression.
I used Freshly Picked (although it is not my favorite, its up there in my rankings).
I cut the petunias from page 33.  All cuts were cut at 3.2.
I tried to match stampin up colours (from RGB codes I got online), I have to admit the colours don't match, but I will post what each colour was suppose to be and the RGB code I used.

The card is a standard A2, 8.5 x 5.5 and folded in half at 4.25.  The base of the card is Pixie Pink from stampin up.
The next layer is from stampin ups Welcome Neighbor paper pad.
For the base/shadow layer I used RGB code 111, 84, 75 that was suppose to be earth elements.
The flower pot layer was cut using RGB code 165, 129, 112 and was suppose to be close to cocoa.
The centre of the flowers and the upper edge of the flower were RGB code 251, 213, 222 Pink pirouette -- this one is pretty close.
The base part of the leaves were RGB 201, 210, 148 which is suppose to be Certainly celery.
The outline of the leaves were RGB 157, 157, 81 Old Olive (this one is pretty close).
The Flowers were RGB 236, 110, 170 which is suppose to be Pink Passion.
The Sign is the same as the base layer of the cut out.
I took the centres of the leaves that were cut and ran them along the bottom of the card, and added some dollar store ribbon down the side of the card.
Happy Birthday was from Stampin Ups Warmest Regards set.  It was embossed using stampin up's white embossing powder.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...great job and good luck. TFS
    I'm now following your blog. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.com
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice cupcake. It looks yummy!! Good Luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty

    I am doing a cricut cart giveaway :) Feel free to check it out my blog for details

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty !!! Good luck!!! :-)
    -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the codes online were off. :( STill really cute! Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I will have to revisit that cart. TFS!

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete